Train seat reservation in Sri Lanka can be done for the Jaffna, Kandy, Matara, Mannar, Badulla, Trincomalee, Batticaloa and Nanuoya train services. Srilanka's busiest train lines are Jaffna, Kandy, Nanuoya and Matara lines. The Colombo Matara train Service will be extended up to Kataragama very soon. Already test run was made by the CGR on this newly erected train track up to 1/3 of its new extension project.
Train seat reservations mostly sleeked by visiting tourists, Sri Lanka Government service officials, Pilgrims going to Kandy Dalada Malgawa, Anuradhapura Shrine, Jaffna Nallur Temple festival attending worshippers and visitors who are participating in the Nuwara Eliya April Season. During the school holidays too lot of early bookings are made for the train seats.
Available Train Seats.
- 1st Class Observation Saloon (Reserved)
- 1st Class Sleeping Berths (Reserved)
- 1st Class Air-conditioned Seats (Reserved)
- 2nd and 3rd Class seats
Sri Lanka Train Service Routes.
- Kandy-Colombo Intercity
- Night Mail
- Colombo-Badulla Night Mail
- Udarata Menike
- Podi Menike
How to reserve - book - Sri Lanka train tickets?
- Visit any of the following Railway stations: Colombo Fort, Kandy, Badulla, Anuradhapura, Mt. Lavania, Wellawatte, Vavuniya or Jaffna Railway station.
- Here you can book your train seats to travel within 30 days, if the seats are available.
- Sometime they may ask for your NIC. (National Identity Card Number)
- Provide the date, time and the station names where you will start the journey and will depart.
- If ladies are traveling, then inform them.
- Pay cash and purchase your E-Ticket.
- Check for the Class, Travel date and time, compartment and seat number and the stations, in the ticket.
- Any errors? You can correct them within 15 minutes of the Ticket purchase.
- Otherwise you have to cancel it and need to buy a new ticket.
- You can cancel the ticket 3 hours before the journey and a cancellation fee will apply.
- Train tickets booked with the Government warrants will have to pay the cancellation fees.
Method 2: Reserve your Train Seat With Mobile Phone or SLT Land Line.
- Or use SLT Landline of Sri Lanka Telecom.
For the mobile phone train seat reservation you must have enough funds in the account to pay for the ticket.
Dialog Train Seat Booking
- Dial 444 to access the Dialog Train Ticketing program
- Pay and collect your printed tickets at any of the 35 ticket collecting stations.
- Read more: Dialog.lk
Mobitel Train Ticket booking
- Dial 365 to access the Mobitel Ticketing service.
- Pay and collect your ticket at any Mobitel branch, Colombo Fort Railway station, Gampaha, Peradeniya or Kandy Railway station.
- Read more: Mobitel.lk
Etisalat.lk Mobile phone. Reserve train seats and tickets.
- Dial 365 from Etisalat Phone Line to reserve Sri Lanka train tickets.
- Collect your ticket from Colombo Fort Railway station special counter or from Gampaha, Peradeniya or Kandy Railway stations.
- Read more: Etisalat.lk
Airtel: Train Tickets reservation.
- Dial 365
- Reserve you train tickets the easy way
- Charges : Rs. 8 + Tax per minute
Sri Lanka Telecom - Customer care SLT Hot Line 24 Hour Service - Train ticket reservation.
- Dial 1365 from your SLT land line phone to reserve and to buy your Train Tickets.